Joanna Van Mulder was born and raised in upstate New York. She received a degree in fine arts from Hood College. After graduating she went to Paris where she worked in fashion, theatre and cinema but realized that her real love was being behind the camera. Van Mulder divides her time between Paris and the Belgian coast.
- Editorial: Vogue Australia, Russian Vogue, Bloom, Acne Paper, W, Interview, I-D, View on Colour, The Observer Magazine, Madame Figaro Japan, Travel & Leisure, etc.
- Advertising: Rochas, Le Monde D’Hermès, 0044, Le Bon Marché, Fuzzi, Ann Huybens
- 2004 – Caemersklooster, Gent, Belgium, The Flemish Primitives « Rood Veld »
- 2002 – Centraal Museum, Utrecht, Holland “ideaal!wonen”
- 1999 – Palais des Beaux-Arts, Brussels, Belgium, “Voyage au Pays des Beaux-Arts”
- 1996 – Galerie Mise au Point, Paris
- 1992 – Galerie Aum, Paris